[p2p-research] Donation Networks

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 06:28:21 CET 2009

Services seem legitimate to me.

If someone requested donation of services, and you were able to fulfill that
request, and they "thank" you, then this would seem to me to work as well as
material goods.

You would be gifting time/services.

The theory is that people would then be more likely to help you with
whatever it is that you need, because you are consistently good at
participating and keeping the system healthy.

If you were to start participation in this system, you might search for
people who are looking for what you can offer, so that you can build your
reputation in the system. The system should also reward those that give to
those with higher ratings/reputations. This "reward" goes towards your total
reputation, along with "thank yous".

(I copied Tara Hunt on this, on the chance that she is still interested in
this stuff. She was working on a related idea called Spread Love a while
back http://www.spreadloveproject.com/ )