[p2p-research] Fwd: Evolver About to Launch

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 16:30:47 CET 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Reality Sandwich <news at realitysandwich.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 1:30 AM
Subject: Evolver About to Launch
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

      [image: RealitySandwich.com]<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2313&qid=74763>
   *Psyche*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2314&qid=74763>
 *Eco*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2315&qid=74763>
 *Life*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2316&qid=74763>
 *Tech*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2317&qid=74763>
 *Commons*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2318&qid=74763>
 *Arts*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2319&qid=74763>

  Dear Reality Sandwich Contributors,

After much love and digital sweat, we are on the verge of launching our
long-awaited social network, Evolver.net. The site is clean and elegant, and
offers a number of features that are particularly useful for a community --
like RS -- that is collaborating to make change. It includes blogs,
Digg-type news web links, groups, events, personal projects, and ways to
meet up with local members. Our intention is to create a global network of
Evolvers -- online and off-line -- who can act with hope and vision to face
the challenges ahead, collaborating to make a better world.

But we need your help to get this all started! For our soft launch on
January 8, we'd like to fill the site with quality content, establishing the
overall vibe for the network. We'd like you to post personal blogs, current
projects you're working on, and interesting article links. If you're
interested in leading a group on the site, email Jonathan Phillips (
jonathan at realitysandwich.com) in advance. Groups can be devoted to any
topic. Below you'll find descriptions of the content we are looking for.

Thanks again for helping us build the community over the last year. We look
forward to a fabulous 2009 with all of you.

Cheers,

Daniel, Ken, Jonathan, Steven, Michael, Jeff, Maya

* * *

*Blogs:* Here's the place to put those personal blogs that don't quite fit
the format of Reality Sandwich. This can be anything from your struggles
with organic farming, efforts to put in solar panels, journeys to Machu
Pichu, a visit to the ayurvedic doctor, or your thoughts on how to keep a
relationship thriving. Feel free to double-post from other blogs you might
have out there. This is a great way to broaden your readership, as the whole
community can view the "most recent," "highest rated," and "most commented"
posts.

*Projects:* Most everyone out there is working on some project, whether it's
a website, an event, a community garden, or a healing circle. Tell the world
about what you're up to and find collaborators to carry it out. We have a
"Featured Projects" block on the homepage and will be selecting your
projects to be highlighted there. This is a quick and easy thing to do for
those already providing other content.

*Digg-Type News Links:* For those of you who love to surf the web or hit the
RSS feeds, we'd love to have your help in finding quality articles and news
stories to link to, and also to help us vote on them.

*Groups:* This is for those of you with a specific interest or passion who
would like to help create an online community around it. This can be
anything from yoga, shamanism, alternative energy, permaculture, and more.
Tasks for this involve creating a group page, inviting members, and
moderating the discussions. Also, please contact Jonathan if you are a
member of an organization that would like to have a group on Reality
Sandwich.

*Evolver Regionals (Groups Section):* This for those of you who'd like to
coordinate Evolver regionals in your area. This is a bigger responsibility
than the others and we ask that only people who are dedicated to started up
a local scene sign up for this. Tasks include creating a group page,
inviting people in the local community to join, moderating online
discussions, organizing a monthly Evolver social night, and creating a
coordinating committee to organize other events in the area. ::: Made with
CoffeeCup : Web Design Software & Website
Hosting<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2320&qid=74763>:::

*Opt Out*<optOut-1-173-74763-6c4aaf8f62b49ad431a16de994bfb455c94353b3 at realitysandwich.com>

[image: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/]<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2322&qid=74763>
RealitySandwich.com is Empowered By
CivicActions<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2323&qid=74763>,
Creative Direction by
nowhereNYC.com<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2324&qid=74763>
All Content

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: