[p2p-research] judging obama's policies

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 01:08:33 CET 2009

<<
*"It's astonishing that not one of the 23 senators or 133 House members who
voted against the war is in the mix."* We have to be careful how we think
about this. Because of our biological history, we tend to think of the
president as our father, or as the leader of a small tribe. Really he's like
the driver of a giant train with massive inertia and not a lot of options
for where it can go. I supported Obama because he's the best "driver" I have
ever seen, but the fact remains that the "train" is loaded with slaves and
nuclear warheads, and it's crushing baby pandas and headed for a cliff.

Well, I can say the same about my life, or I can snap out of that self-drawn
picture and adopt a new picture. However, the biggest problem here, IMO, is
the over-simplification provided by a convenient analogy. I think it's
dangerous to go down the path of idiocy (as Americans) and use analogies to
justify that.