[p2p-research] List of articles on Indium/Gallium Supplies

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 02:22:46 CET 2009

Clarification:

The kind of data I would bee looking for is the raw data given over a
much longer period

The reason is that if the volume or production is periodic at all then
the way the logistic regression is applied would have to be different
than how it's applied normally (assuming no periodicity in the
behavior of the dependent variable)

If no raw data exists or if it doesn't exist for say the last 50 years
then my own assumption would be that it's periodic at this time but I
would not know the period so logistic regression would be applied in
yet another way

I think what he did is he applied it without assuming any periodicity

and that's all besides the point that you cannot predict gallium
depletion based on gallium production volumes alone, although you can
predict the collapse of production (assuming you're applying the
regression correctly)

I definitely need to see the full analysis (or any other full
analysis) despite knowing that there is a definite flaw in this case
(which is the assumption that if production is about to collapse then
the resource is about to be depleted)

Marc