[p2p-research] Fwd: Wikiversity’s potential in global capacity building

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 02:46:29 CET 2009

this seems to have bounced ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: [p2p-research] Wikiversity's potential in global capacity
building
To: Chris Watkins <chriswaterguy at appropedia.org>
Cc: marc fawzi <marc.fawzi at gmail.com>, Peer-To-Peer Research List <
p2presearch at listcultures.org>

Chris,

do you have one example of unreliable information? or rather of systemically
unreliable information as you seem to claim?

most material on the site is cited either from public sources, or from
wikipedia admin mailing lists, and can be easily verified,

furthermore, the 2-3 people I know are certainly not trolls but defender of
user rights against terrible lack of due process

what is your evidence that these are trolls, i.e. willfull sabotage with
ill-intent, this is a very serious accusation

sustained opposition to a sad state of affairs is not trolling: these are
people, all from inside Wikipedia, who after painful personal experience,
decided to dedicate a substantial amount of their time to documenting what
is happening. (of course, this does not mean that they may have their own
flaws, or that other things may be wrong, or that frustration leads to
anger, etc...)

the summary of wikipedia critique, which is well documented and well
summarized, came from the wikipedia review, augmented with my own research
which only confirmed the points made

furthermore, I have done a new round of research, see
http://del.icio.us/mbauwens/Wikipedia, which confirms beyond all doubt the
lack of due process in case of wikipedia conflicts,

my beef with WR is the terrible software they use, which makes it very time
consuming to follow ..

so in summary, I think you have been bitten with the utopian streak of
wikipedia thinking, and exhibit a tribal defense reflex, and so repeat the
trolling accusations,

if you don't trust WR, go to Wikitruth, again full of citations from
original admin material,