[p2p-research] Wikiversity’s potential in global capacity building

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 02:45:06 CET 2009

In this case,

I actually think that Google PR is favouring Wikipedia, at least for some
period.

I distinctly remember reading, but can't find evidence to back it up, that
at some point in time, Google did decide to favour Wikipedia pages, which
provided crucial support for the project at a critical time.

I'm not sure they still do it, since WP is now popular on its own,

and also not object to it, since at the time, it was a sensible thing to do,

does anyone have info to confirm or not, that google PR did give privileged
status to WP pages at some point in time?

Michel

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com