[p2p-research] Wikiversity’s potential in global capacity building

Chris Watkins chriswaterguy at appropedia.org
Fri Feb 20 08:17:59 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 01:04, marc fawzi <marc.fawzi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Appropedia is a very interesting and relevant *pedia!
>
> Ultimately if we have more domain-specific *pedias I think the quality
> will improve per each domain.
>
> In closing remarks, I'm entirely against deletion of user-submitted
> content and banning of users, for whatever reason.

I met someone in Australia who said he'd given up on Wikipedia - he'd tried
contributing twice, and had it deleted. I asked what he'd contributed, and
it was something to do with aliens and advanced civilizations in
pre-colonization Australia.

Some content does not belong in Wikipedia, and should be deleted. Make it
"anything goes" and you have a completely different animal.

Chris