[p2p-research] Fwd: [Open Manufacturing] Fwd: there is no energy crisis

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 01:03:47 CET 2009

Hey Tere,

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 4:31 AM, marc fawzi <marc.fawzi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tere meant to reply to all, so here it is.

One could argue that the the Net Energy Cliff is based on the assumptions that:

-The consumption of Fuel

-The monoculture nature of biomass production

...will remain the same.

However, what if Permaculture were used for biomass production? what
if natural processes were used for processing?

***What if some energy needs we replaced with natural  systems (like
fertilization of agriculture, home and commercial heating and cooling,
treatment of water systems, production of printed materials, plastics,
etc etc)?****

The future will not be like the past, or the present.

More importantly, if you and I (we) get *involved in the production*
of replacements for infrastructure, technology, processes and
practices that require traditional petroleum-based fuel production,
then we up the likelihood that the past will not be like the future.

> marc fawzi wrote:
> >
> > Dear Michel,
> >
> > We know that oil is running out. But the oil companies are funding
> > fusion research and all types of other alternatives, including solar.
> >
> > So "energy sources" will not run out. Oil will run out. The sun won't
> > run out, not any time soon.
> >
> > My point is that it's funny to say that the solar industry is screwed
> > because it relies on rare substance. If there is money to be made
> > there will be a variety of alternatives.

Sam Rose
Social Synergy
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
AIM: Str9960
Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/samrose
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com
http://socialsynergyweb.org/network
http://socialmediaclassroom.com
http://localfoodsystems.org
http://openfarmtech.org
http://notanemployee.net
http://communitywiki.org

"Long ago, we brought you all this fire.
Do not imagine we are still chained to that rock...."

http://notanemployee.net/