[p2p-research] reverting from pdf to word query

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 15:22:01 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:42 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I hope someone can help with this small technical query from Bernard Lietaer:
>
> "Is there a solution to revert the pdf version to a Word version?"

Sam writes: It's too bad that PDF does not contain some form of
metadata, (like SVG for instance) that would make conversion an easier
task.

http://www.scribus.net/ has limited success *editng* PDF documents:
http://rants.scribus.net/2006/12/10/pdf-surgery/ if you are simply
looking to change what is in it.

PDF was orginally largely used in practice as format for people in the
printing industry to maintain document image quality. It's really good
for this purpose, but not so great for sharing a co-editable document.

Also, I have heard that people have had good success with PDF2HTML or
to XML conversions (I believe there is a Perl script that will do
this, and I recall trying it out several years ago). Then, you could
do HTML or XML to > Your favorite desktop document editor

Here's one written on C++

--
Sam Rose
Social Synergy
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com
http://socialsynergyweb.org/network
http://socialmediaclassroom.com
http://localfoodsystems.org
http://openfarmtech.org
http://notanemployee.net
http://communitywiki.org

"When a distinguished elderly scientist states that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something
is impossible, he is very probably wrong."

   Arthur C. Clarke, Clarke's first law