[p2p-research] [Open Manufacturing] Fwd: there is no energy crisis

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Feb 19 11:55:49 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 01:02:03 AM -0800, marc fawzi wrote:

> So what is the time and scale problem? Do you care to explain it in
> your own words so I can understand your reasoning?

No, for the simple reason that so far I agree with, and have nothing
to add to, what K. Cobb wrote, so why should I bother? His arguments
still seem to me more complete and robust than any answer you gave so
far, including (cfr the latest messages between you and Michel here on
the list) the "optimist view", which in and by itself is not much of a
"well reasoned argument". Considering what you've brought to the table
so far, I have nothing to add to what Cobb and then Michel already
expanded on the "time and scale" argument.

Especially until, speaking of maths and more proofs, there still are
these questions floating:

> >  [the papers about Indium/Gallium scarcity are] almost two years
> >  old. Have there been any newer papers claiming they're wrong, or
> >  giving concrete evidence that transition to new materials is
> >  already feasible and can happen without major pain?
> >
> > - on a related note, but directly linked to the original topic, that
> >  is "there's no energy crisis because nanosolar is already here",
> >  we've still got nothing to counter another objection by Cobb, have
> >  we? From
> >  http://listcultures.org/pipermail/p2presearch_listcultures.org/2009-February/001415.html
> >
> >> Nanosolar will just come up with a substitute, you may say.  Yes,
> >> perhaps, but when? Keep in mind that the claims they are making
> >> are based on their current technology which uses these inputs and
> >> they are not anticipating that they will have to find substitutes
> >> for these.

Of course, I may be wrong and you 100% right, no problem. It's just
that, at this point in the thread, I really have nothing to add,
whatever the reason for this lack of anything to reply may be.

Marco F.
http://mfioretti.net

software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84