[p2p-research] Fwd: [OSBR] New Issue Published

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 03:23:44 CET 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dru Lavigne <dru at osbr.ca>
Date: Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:52 AM
Subject: [OSBR] New Issue Published
To: Dru Lavigne <dru at osbr.ca>

The February issue of the Open Source Business Resource is now  available at
http://www.osbr.ca/ojs/index.php/osbr/issue/view/79. The theme this month is
"commercialization" and the articles and authors include:

Tony Bailetti from Carleton University contributes a tool to measure the
strength of a business model and shows how open source can be used to
strengthen market offers' business models.

Peter Carbone, a veteran executive who specializes in ICT strategy and
commercialization, highlights the relevance of new business models and
ecosystems in the knowledge-era economy.

Edy Ferreira and Stoyan Tanev from Carleton University describe the ways
companies make money from market offers that rely on open source hardware
projects.

David A. Wheeler, a software developer and technical author, argues that
there are two types of commercial software: proprietary software and F/LOSS.

Jennifer Bell introduces VisibleGovernment.ca and describes why open
government data is a valuable investment in Canada's infrastructure.

Mike Kavis answers the question "How can an individual or small business
give back to an open source community?".

As always, we encourage readers to share articles of interest with their
colleagues, and to provide their comments either online or directly to the
authors. We hope you enjoy this issue of the OSBR.

The editorial theme for the upcoming March issue of the OSBR is Geospatial
and the guest editor will be Dave McIlhagga, CEO of DM Solutions.

Thanks for the continuing interest in our work,

Dru Lavigne, Editor

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: