[p2p-research] fakeness of recovery

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 17:10:47 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Alex Rollin <alex.rollin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now they are hyper-enabled, and soon, very soon, they will run into the
> edge of the 3G network just as I have.  What will they do?  Discover our
> history of advances (and inadequacies) in appropriate tech?  Let's hope so,
> and hope they move on!

It seems we are stalled at the 3G/4G barrier.  Korea and few others seem to
be crossing it.  What is the social/economic problem?  I assume it is not a
technical hurdle.  I'm thinking it is a pricing issue...4G is simply too
powerful for the pricing models of all the older products to survive.

While I know I have positioned myself as a technology fan and optimist, I
always worry about the necessary leaps beyond various boundaries.  3g/4g
seems a huge hurdles we've been discussing for 10 years.

--
Ryan