[p2p-research] fakeness of recovery

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 04:55:35 CET 2009

I think we do need historical consciousness, and not tabula rasa, at the
same time, we need to see things fresh and with a new language ... that's
one of the reasons I do not use any language from a historical tradition ...

It's true that for the moment, Europe does not seem to be a locus of much
innovation, at least to my experience, it's locked in stagnation and
powerful neo-racist forces are rearing their head and gaining influence ...

I heard recently that both the UK and the Netherlands have net emigration ..
both young and retired people are leaving their country in droves, barely
replaced by immigration, that doesn't bode well,

but the U.S. mainstream is similarly past oriented, desperately trying to
revive the neoliberal compact even when it's conditions have disappeared,

but the U.S. underground seems to be more dynamic and innovative than the
European one, at least it would seem so on the surface,

Latin America is greatly innovative for the moment, perhaps the spearhead
for the moment,

I'm less sure about East Asia, it certainly appears to me that they are most
interested in copying the fifties model for the moment

but in Japan, despite the official stagnation, lots and lots of social
innovation is happening under the radar,

Michel