[p2p-research] fakeness of recovery

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 05:30:37 CET 2009

It's not just technology Ryan, but technology embedded in new
organisational, funding, and other social forms,

Carlota Perez book is an excellent one for that,

I think you really have a penchant for technological determinism,

new inventions can lay dormant for decades if not centuries, if they are not
taken up in that integrated way by social forces and society,

it's an important and crucial factor, but not a independent determinant,

the very sophisticated islamic robots have disappeared, and so did the Greek
and Roman labor-saving devices, which were useless in a slave based
societies; and the early inventors of the medieval textile machinery were
put to death ... TV lay dormant for 60 years .. etc ... etc...

Michel