[p2p-research] Drone hacking

J. Andrew Rogers reality.miner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 18:54:16 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 4:58 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let me just add here that I don't have an issue with the predictability of
> human behaviour, that is obvious, but with the absolute claim made by J.
> Andrews, that all behaviour is predictable all the time, given enough
> computing power and knowledge of mathematics.

Even quantum mechanical behavior may be deterministic, there simply is
no computer within this universe that can measure it as such. The
predictability of measurably deterministic systems makes for a boring
discussion and is essentially irrelevant.

What you are missing is that mathematics also talks about the case
where a computer within our universe is trying to predict the behavior
of deterministic processes within our universe that cannot be strictly
measured as such. It is a much more complex and subtle subject matter
but at no point is predictability proscribed, there is simply an
epsilon that has a relationship to algorithmic complexity.

I've never asserted that human behavior is perfectly predictable, I
understand the nature and limits of the predictability that does exist
better than most. What is being improperly discounted is just how much
useful predictability there is within those mathematical limits.

--
J. Andrew Rogers
realityminer.blogspot.com