[p2p-research] Drone hacking

Andy Robinson ldxar1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 17:56:36 CET 2009

"your view of human nature is typically reductionist, oh well ... monkeys on
a thumb writing shakespeare and building cathedrals, why not ... it's a
quaint view, but I guess you have seen monkeys like that,"

Yeh, they had one for president.
http://www.nobeliefs.com/politics/BushChimp.jpg

Oh, and chimps do write Shakespeare, it just takes an infinite amount of
time, or an infinite number of chimps.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

I can tell certain people are getting increasingly desperate, because they
are moving from the merits of their arguments to the supposedly dubious
motivations of those who oppose the arguments.  Which apparently comes down
to being afraid of progress because of special interest reasons.  And
boasting of how unemotional they are - which is an exact proof of its
opposite, that they are VERY emotionally invested in their 'scientific'
fundamentalism.  All very silly.

To be honest - if I was going to try to assess the impact (rather than the
viability) of all-knowing computers, I could come up with a number of
reasons to be quite afraid, which ought to carry moral weight for my
opponents in this debate - such as that, without a need for human workers,
capitalists will let even more of the world's population starve than they
already do; or that a totalitarian regime will use these computers to
produce total social regulation; or that the robots will develop autonomy
and take over from humans or wipe us out.  If I really thought these
developments were viable and that they would have these effects, I'd be
calling for them to be stopped however we can now, by much the same ways we
need to use to stop climate change.  The last thing I'd want to do is deny
them.