[p2p-research] Drone hacking

J. Andrew Rogers reality.miner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 21:25:51 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Kevin Carson
<free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Manuel Noriega and Saddam Hussein were both CIA clients, installed by
> the U.S., who were later cut loose when they stopped playing ball.

I think that in many of these cases, all power players in the region
are members of the Guild of Calamitous Intent.  There is quite
literally no party the US could meaningfully or usefully support that
is not unsavory in some way. Consequently, it is a "damned if you do,
damned if you don't" situation where the only differentiator is
expediency.

Many (most?) times out in the real world your "choices" are all far
from ideal. And in the case that you don't make any choice at all and
simply ignore the situation, you get blamed for that too. Sure,
sometimes it might be argued that bad choices were made, but that does
not logically imply that a good choice was available. While there are
good criticisms that can be made of many geopolitical policies
instituted by all governments, the political idealists on both the
left and right have a shameful and embarrassingly thin understanding
of what goes into a real-world calculus.

Reality is both murkier and more consistent than political ideology.

--
J. Andrew Rogers
realityminer.blogspot.com