[p2p-research] Drone hacking

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Dec 20 17:58:22 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 01:12:33PM +0000, Andy Robinson wrote:

> Things like EMP, remote-control, etc - I'm talking about future

EMP isn't new. Neither is remote control.

EMP has a very narrow range of impact (unless it's NEMP), and it
only targets electronics. You can make hundreds of IEDs from one
EMP's HE charge, and this is exactly what you want.

> possibilities.  Twenty years ago, drones and the Internet would have sounded

Drones were first used in WWII. Also in Vietnam. I was on the Internet
20 years ago. Packet-switching goes back to 1960s. Technology never comes
out of the blue.