[p2p-research] important call for alliance between social economy and free sofware

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:39:12 CET 2009

The english version will appear in 3 hours at
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/the-social-economy-and-freelibre-and-open-source-software-time-for-an-alliance/2009/12/16

*Appeal: Social Economy – Free/Libre and Open Source Software: Time of
Alliance*

By *Bastien Sibille*:

*“Two worlds coexist that raise the ramparts against the hegemonic
temptation of capitalism. One is old and has its roots in the 19th century
industrial age – the world of social economy (cooperatives, mutuals,
associations). The other is younger and has its roots in the 21st century
information age – the world of Free/Libre and Open Source Software. If the
Free community and enterprises of the social economy have already rubbed
elbows together for more than a decade, they don’t often see how close their
struggles are. The time has come to speak of the closeness of these
struggles and the urgency of their alliance.*