[p2p-research] Tick, tock, tick, tock… BING

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 13:20:29 CET 2009

The interesting and powerful theory missing from P2P at present is a path by
which countries like Asian or African countries might become localized in a
way that isn't primitive and yet isn't planet destroying.  The future is in
India...and Brazil...and Indonesia...and China.

In a sense the West is going to have to sell China and India (and Indonesia,
etc.) on being energy wise in the means of how they raise living standards.
No one has ever achieved that before...Cuba has become energy wise...but
their GDP has probably fallen since 2000.  Plus they are a command and
control economy...relatively primitive.  It is far from clear that it can be
done.  This is the whole "green economy" idea that really now MUST work.
There is no longer a choice...US right wing Senators like Lindsey Graham are
now saying that on TV so you know something is changing.

The challenge in the West is going to relate to surplus labor and price.  Of
course this all may be a lull and full-employment capitalism may yet be
reborn as the Phoenix.  Smart people are saying otherwise...which is my
justification for saying this time is different...plus my own
research/experience.

It isn't structural unemployment in the classic sense where something can be
done...it is permanent oversupply of labor.

Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Facebook: Ryan_Lanham
P.O. Box 633