[p2p-research] Tick, tock, tick, tock… BING

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 04:21:57 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Patrick Anderson <agnucius at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 6:02 AM, Ryan Lanham <rlanham1963 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > people cannot consume what we can make
>
> That is because ownership is being used for profit instead of product.
>
> We will use ownership to gain the control we need.
>
> And we will use profit to help latecomers gain the ownership they need.

State your estimate of the probability that capitalism ends as now for every
5 year period going forward.  Combine that with the probability that this
end will be peaceful and easy.  That is the likelihood, in a given period,
you think your outcome will occur.

> When you say 'capital' I assume you mean Capitalism.

Capital is mostly money now.  If by capitalism, you mean a credit driven
economy of markets, then, yes, I mean capitalism.  If you mean it as Marx
did, then no, I don't mean capitalism.

> Capitalism requires scarcity because profit is being misunderstood and
> causes us to not realize the fatal requirements of traditional
> investors who demand price never reach cost.

Capitalism doesn't require scarcity.  I requires selective demand.  It isn't
scarcity that is dying, it is selective demand.  People will always prefer
the rare and the best...they just can't economically justify the costs to
get variance.

Treating profit as a reward for current owner incents scarcity and
> destruction.

Profit is a form of reward for risk.  Risk is taken because someone has
superior information, abilities to plan, or out of sheer gambling.  Want it
incents is greater risk-taking so long as it doesn't fail.  Now, it is
failing at every turn because money returns on loans are not working out.
 It has nothing to do (so far as I can tell) with what capitalism
causes...or how it is driven...the problem is demand based...Capitalism
isn't failing by some other rules...it is failing by its own rules.  Credit
doesn't work any more.  That's the issue.