[p2p-research] Tick, tock, tick, tock? BING

Tomas Rawlings tom at fluffylogic.net
Fri Dec 11 13:13:44 CET 2009

   "Heretical Thoughts about Science and Society" by Freeman Dyson
  http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/dysonf07/dysonf07_index.html
"I am saying that the problems are grossly exaggerated."
-

There is a whole swath of denialism posited by Dyson - and all of it (plus other links cited) falls into the creationist 'god of the gaps' argument that goes something like; there are areas of uncertainty in climate science and it's methods/conclusions, therefore they don't know it all, therefore my argument is correct by default.  I've never seen any convincing science (not opinion) that shows that the threat is overestimated.  What is to say the the uncertainty means it is underestimated?  As the research progresses and we find out that carbon sinks are loosing their effectiveness and the impacts are happening faster that anticipated, if anything it looks like it is going to be worse than predicted.

--
Tomas

Tomas Rawlings
Development Director, FluffyLogic Development Ltd.
web: www.fluffylogic.net
tel: 0117 9442233
-
Also see:
blog on film & interweb: www.plugincinema.com
blog on p2p, media ecology & evolution: blog.catbot.org
tweet: www.twitter.com/arclightfire