[p2p-research] Tick, tock, tick, tock? BING

Paul D. Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Wed Dec 9 15:43:38 CET 2009

Tomas Rawlings wrote:
>> Actually, it is hard to say. Again, global climate change is
>> dispersed, slow, non-obvious, bounces back and forth (some places
>> cool, some warm), and so on.
>
> On the subject of climate change I am finding the whole issue very
> depressing.  We seem to have a p2p model in operation to deny climate
> change as well as a p2p model in the protests for action - yet the
> denial/delay camp is gaining group.
>
> It is a plus that science is being opened up with data being released
> etc so it is not a closed shop, but the abuse of the data by those with
> a regressive political agenda is very depressing.
> http://www.desmogblog.com/deniers-continue-copenhagen-hijack-attack

A broader comment by me on that Climategate issue:
"[p2p-research] On scientific integrity, Climategate, and P2P"
http://listcultures.org/pipermail/p2presearch_listcultures.org/2009-December/006455.html

I think the idea of public "structured arguments" could help some in the
short term. As could the idea there of a basic income (or other broad
economic shift) in the long term.

--Paul Fernhout
http://www.pdfernhout.net/