[p2p-research] Fwd: From Hazel Henderson, green investment is booming

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 05:36:07 CET 2009

Hi Ryan,

could you possible comment on this for our p2p blog, about the turnaround in
private investment towards gree,

From: Uta Jehnich <uta at worldforum.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 5:34 AM
Subject: From Hazel Henderson
To: jehnich uta <uta at worldforum.org>
Cc: Hazel Henderson <hhlibry at hazelhenderson.com>

 *   Hello All- A note and attachment from Hazel. Please respond to Hazel
with any comments. Thank you and best wishes, Uta*

 We got that TRILLION DOLLARS  and then some more  :  $1.248  trillion
invested  by the private sector since 2007 in growing the green economy!
   Detailed numbers at
*www.EthicalMarkets.com*<http://www.ethicalmarkets.com/>  Marc Weiss
is circulating to all his contacts in Washington  and  Tony
Manwaring doing so in London.

       Many thanks !  The tide is turning  for a better outcome in
Copenhagen and beyond !

        Warmest wishes to All,

     Hazel

*HAZEL HENDERSON*
D.Sc.Hon., FRSA, author, futurist, president - Ethical Markets Media, LLC
PO Box 5190, St. Augustine, FL 32085; Phone: 904/829-3140, Fax: 904/826-4194
www.EthicalMarkets.com*, *www.EthicalMarkets.tv*, *www.hazelhenderson.com*,
*www.calvert-henderson.com

Watch for our new TV special - *The Money Fix* - coming to PBS stations this
fall!

NEW GLOBAL CLIMATE PROSPERITY SCOREBOARD FINDS OVER $1 TRILLION INVESTED IN
GREEN SINCE 2007

* *

*Washington, DC – December  4, 2009* – Ethical Markets
Media<http://www.ethicalmarkets.com/>(USA and Brazil) and The
Climate Prosperity Alliance <http://www.climateprosperity.com/> today
launched their Global Climate Prosperity Scoreboard® which tracks private
investment in companies growing the green economy globally.  This new, never
before reported number, showing $1,248,740,645,993.00 (over $1.248 trillion)
in total investment since 2007, indicates how investors and entrepreneurs
are leading governments in promoting sustainable growth.  The scoreboard
totals investments in solar, wind, geothermal, ocean/hydro, energy
efficiency and storage, and agriculture.  We purposefully omitted nuclear,
"clean coal," carbon capture and sequestration, and biofuels.  We indicate
which investments have been publically announced and committed by major
companies for 2010 and beyond.

 Dr. Marc A. Weiss, Chairman and CEO of Global Urban Development and Chair
of the Climate Prosperity Alliance, said, "This $1.248 trillion of
investments are not only from North America and Europe, but also from China,
India, Brazil and other developing countries.  They indicate that the
private sector currently is ahead of governments in understanding that
during the 21st century, people, places, and organizations can only get
richer by becoming greener and only earn more money by using fewer resources
and reusing more. Private capital investment is now leading globally in
promoting technological innovation and resource efficiency that will
accelerate environmentally and socially sustainable industrial growth and
economic development throughout the world."

Dr. Hazel Henderson, futurist, author of *Ethical Markets: Growing the Green
Economy* (Chelsea Green, 2006) and president of Ethical Markets Media,
serves as vice-chair of the Climate Prosperity Alliance together with
vice-chairs C.S. Kiang (China), Rodrigo Loures (Brazil), Lawrence Bloom (UK)
and James Nixon (USA).  Dr. Henderson said, "Ethical Markets Media's mission
is reforming markets and growing the green economy globally.  Our Global
Climate Prosperity Scoreboard® will be updated regularly to show progress
toward the ecologically sustainable economies that are vital to our common
future.  Societies are transitioning from the 300-year old, polluting,
fossil-fueled Industrial Era to the advanced technologies of the
information-rich Solar Age."

The Climate Prosperity Alliance, a volunteer, global network of financiers,
businesses, economic development authorities, scientists and NGOs is based
on earth systems science, showing the widespread evidence of destruction
caused by the now-obsolete technologies of the combustion-based Industrial
Revolution and its extraction and exploitation of the Earth's *capital*:
oil, coal, gas, minerals, forests, water, land and biodiversity.  Human
societies are now gradually re-industrializing our economies using the
Earth's *income* – the renewable energies of sun, wind, ocean/hydro,
geothermal and non-agricultural biomass – based on *human capital*: new
knowledge of planetary processes and ecosystems, designing our economies
with Nature.

The Climate Prosperity Alliance uses the Climate Solutions 2 computer model
of Australia's Climate Risk Pty., showing how $1 trillion invested every
year for the next 10 years can assure the global transition to sustainable
prosperity and job growth.  This $10 trillion is less than the bailouts of
failed banks in the USA and Europe and less than 10% of the world's pension
and institutional funds of $120 trillion.  Institutional fund managers can
shift 10% of their assets away from hedge funds, risky derivatives and
commodity speculation to real investments in a greener global economy,
thereby assuring their beneficiaries a healthier future.

"While we encourage progress toward directly investing in growing the green
economy, we urge government officials meeting in Copenhagen December 7-14,
2009, to follow the lead of these private investors that have already
committed $1.248 trillion.  We applaud our pension fund colleagues of the UN
Principles of Responsible Investing who have joined in pledges to allocate
more of their members' $19 trillion of assets into similar green companies.
Now, governments must go beyond arguing over targets, caps and
carbon-trading – and follow the lead of China and the USA in their
comprehensive plan for cooperation on clean energy and climate change.  Such
a general agreement in Copenhagen can promote and underwrite more direct
investments and growth of the green economy," said Dr. Henderson.

The new Global Climate Prosperity Scoreboard® is researched and compiled by
the Ethical Markets Media expert team: Timothy Nash, M.Sc., principal,
Strategic Sustainable Investments, Toronto; Rachel Tubman, M.Sc., senior
researcher/futurist; assisted by The Cleantech Group and members of the
Ethical Markets Sustainability Research Group.  As these investments
increase, the scoreboard will track totals, providing investors and
governments with tangible evidence of the growing green economy.

Contacts:

   - Dr. Hazel Henderson, president, Ethical Markets Media,
   www.ethicalmarkets.com, hazel.henderson at ethicalmarkets.com,
   1-904-829-3140

·         Dr. Marc A. Weiss, Chairman and CEO, Global Urban Development; and
Chair, Climate Prosperity Alliance, www.climateprosperity.com,
marcweiss at globalurban.org, 1-202-554-5891.

   - Rosalinda Sanquiche, Executive Director, Ethical Markets Media,
   rosalinda.sanquiche at ethicalmarkets.com, 1-904-826-1381
   - Timothy Jack Nash, Co-founder, Strategic Sustainable Investments,
   nash at ssinvest.com, 1-416-821-9179

--
Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: