[p2p-research] Google gets into the DNS business

Ted Smith teddks at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 00:30:08 CET 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 10:43 -0500, Paul D. Fernhout wrote:
> So, how can we make Google a good government? :-)

The same way we make any government a good one. Destroy it via
obsolescence.

Ironically, Google has been expanding increasingly into p2p systems, but
making them effectively not p2p. They've started doing mail, now DNS,
XMPP, other stuff (Wave) over XMPP, etc.

It would be interesting to make a sort of "P2P Google" manual, detailing
how to negate your dependency on Google by setting up all of the things
you use it for on an autonomous platform.