[p2p-research] Fwd: SKDB presentation this Saturday at H+ Summit 2009 (Irvine, CA) - "How to make a civilization seed"

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 07:59:53 CET 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bryan Bishop <kanzure at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 3:22 AM
Subject: SKDB presentation this Saturday at H+ Summit 2009 (Irvine, CA) -
"How to make a civilization seed"
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>, kanzure at gmail.com

Hey Michel,

I thought I should let you know that Ben Lipkowitz and I are doing a
20min presentation at H+ Summit 2009. The themes and technologies
we're presenting on are mainly open source hardware as applied to the
human condition. Here are the details:

http://hplus.eventbrite.com/

"""
The H+ Summit (Organized by Humanity +) is a two day, interactive
event that will explore how humanity will be radically changed by
technology in the (possibly quite near) future..  Over 30 visionary
speakers will explore how to enhance your body, mind, life, and
world...

What is going to be like to be a human in this next phase of
technological progress? How can we get our heads around it so when it
arrives we're best prepared to deal with it?

We foresee the feasibility of redesigning the human condition,
including such parameters as the inevitability of aging, limitations
on human and artificial intellects, unchosen psychology, suffering,
and our confinement to the planet earth. The possibilities are
tremendously broad and exciting — and the H+ Summit will provide a
venue to discuss them with like-minded individuals, and hear exciting
presentations by the leaders of the ongoing H+ r/evolution.
""""

Hope you can send this out. :-)

More details:
http://adl.serveftp.org/dokuwiki/skdb