[p2p-research] Typologies of Intellectual Property

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 09:46:46 CEST 2009

On 8/26/09, Paul D. Fernhout <pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com> wrote:

>  Richard Stallman would say the term "intellectual property" is propaganda
> that begs the question about how copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade
> secrets and other things should be treated.

I use the term "IP," always in quotes, because it's handy to have a
catchall term for all the spurious "property" right claims based on
the same faulty logic.  "IP" is a general category for fake "property"
rights, all based on related arguments that ideas or patterns can be
owned.  My aim is to so besmirch and compromise the term "IP" that its
*defenders* will be looking for a new term.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism