[p2p-research] Arts writers focused on a post-industrial world...

Paul D. Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Tue Aug 25 23:38:38 CEST 2009

Ryan Lanham wrote:
> http://www.dark-mountain.net/

The site makes a good point about stories. I use that concept myself in
"Post-Scarcity Princeton" -- we need to change our mythology.

The problem I have with their site is that they seem to already be embedded
in a mythology of scarcity. :-) They skirt the line is the best I could say.

Those scarcity myths are potentially deadly when you have technologies of
abundance like robotics, AI, nanotech, nuclear energy, biotech, global
networks, and so on to use in fighting over perceived scarcity. :-(

--Paul Fernhout
http://www.pdfernhout.net/