[p2p-research] no oil crisis?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:47:51 CEST 2009

holy bananas Paul, it's hard to keep up!!

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Paul D. Fernhout <
pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com> wrote:

> Michel Bauwens wrote:
>
>> I work more closely now wi th some people involved in the state of the
>> world
>> forum, which is a stellar collection of minds if I ever saw one,
>>

> Another pass at this. Most people will not want to read this. :-)
>
> It starts to get pretty silly pretty fast. :-)
>
>  I can tell you that literally 'nobody' believes that oil and food markets
>> work the way you suppose they do,
>>
>> there is very very high level debate, as there is indeed panic about both
>> the havoc that the seesaw in oil and food prices is doing to the system as
>> whole,
>>

> Who benefits from this panic?

the panic has real causes; i.e. market manipulation, for whatever reasons,
causes oil and food prices to speak; riots ensue and major instability,
which is not good for capital either; therefore, the non-predatory factions
are justifiably concerned with the future of a relatively stable world order

>  this 'market' is so dysfunction that it literally threatens the survival
>> of
>> the system itself, this is no wild leftist imaginings, but the thoughts of
>> important members of the current establishment ...
>>

> Except that the market has produced solar cheaper than coal:
>  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=solar+cheaper+coal

the 'market', or a few struggling enterpreneurs?

I looked further down and can't make out which contributions are new ...

Michel

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: