[p2p-research] Japan's Demographic Crisis

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 06:17:18 CEST 2009

I know this is a very popular theme in the U.S., and very attractive to
young people ...

hell, the boomers you are critiquing where saying the exact same things
about their parents 40 years ago ...

but then as now: 1) there are poor and rich youth, and their situations are
very different; 2) there are poor and rich old people and their situations
are very different

Social change needs broad coalitions that need a focus on commonalities.

Blaming poor old folks for exploiting rich youngsters will get us nowhere,
it's an instrument of division ...

People who have worked their whole life deserve access to health care and
decent pensions, and young people deserve all the support they can get to be
creative in the world without extreme precarity ...

Why would we have to choose between both options, and not combine them???

If you start discussing 'generations' as if they were truly existing
coherent entities, then the old folks would say with justification: you are
wasting your time gaming and internet-ing, not being socially engaged to
solve any of the real issues in the world ..

would that be fair ... perhaps for some ... but would it get us anywhere?

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: