[p2p-research] Capitalism's Self-Inflicted Apocalypse by Michael Parenti

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 16:00:08 CEST 2009

Paul D. Fernhout wrote:
> At least they can look forward to private water.
>
> Oops, that is "privatized" water, isn't it? :-(

The difference between these words is in *who* owns.

The word 'private' here is like 'personal' because the user owns the sources.

The word 'privatized' here is like 'proprietary' because someone
besides the user is the owner.

But if the user owned the sources of their water, what about the poor workers?

According to "worker owned theory", the people that install and
maintain the water delivery infrastructure need to be the owners,
right?

What about when the user just wants a personal well on his own land?
Will the workers(s) that drill that well need to own that well for us
to reach nirvana?

It will be great for those workers, since they can then charge rent
and receive the residual income they deserve.

But what if the user is pulling from a naturally made and unmaintained
river?  Who in the world will own then?  Maybe we could make worker
unions that lay claim on property where they *predict* there could be
work in the future?