[p2p-research] Who Rules America: Fresh Start For the Left

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 06:16:29 CEST 2009

very interesting Paul.

Though I'm not averse to framing reality analytically by recognizing class
aspects, I hope you have noticed that the p2p framing does in fact do what
the author advocates, i.e. it advocates a value system that everybody can
adhere to, and that starts from the positive life experiences with p2p ...

however, I'm not sure how strong the 'egalitarian' attraction actually is
... I find that peer to peer, which implies equality in some ways, works a
lot better than explicitely saying it ... I feel the latter confronts
people's meritocratic desires, which i think are also legitimate

as for the out group, I know that is politically effective, but it really
doesn't work for 'integrative' personalities such as me, we tend to prefer
to look for commonalities, even with people we dislike for a number of
reasons ...

does that make us politically weaker in antagonistic politics, probably, but
perhaps it works better for prefigurative politics?

michel

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: