[p2p-research] Fwd: A new book on Independent Media in Chinese Societies

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 18:41:19 CEST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: hong kong inmedia <inmediahk at gmail.com>
Date: 2009/8/14
Subject: A new book on Independent Media in Chinese Societies
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com

Dear Mr Bauwens,

This is Iam-Chong Ip from Hong Kong In-media, a non-profit organization
advocating blogger journalism and media activism in Hong Kong. I'm also
teaching at Lingnan University, Hong Kong. We met in Kuala Lumpur some years
ago.

Recently we've published a book titled Info-Rhizome: Report on Independent
Media in the Chinese-speaking World. This book is about the recent
development of independent media (including small activist media, community
radio, blogger, media activist, etc) in Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong
and Malaysia. The contributors are experienced media workers or bloggers.

We've uploaded all chapters of this book onto internet. It's free! You may
read it here:
http://interlocals.net/?q=node/314

Our book is partially sponsored by a very very small fund. We've got to
cover more than half the cost. If you want to support our work, you may
order a hard copy of this book. For details, please also go to:
http://interlocals.net/?q=node/314
(We accept payment through paypal)

You're welcome to forward this message to your friends and institutions.
Thanks for your attention.

chong

--
Hong Kong In-media