[p2p-research] Fwd: Register Now for Slow Money Event

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 05:56:27 CEST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Slow Money <michael at slowmoneyalliance.org>
Date: Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:55 AM
Subject: Register Now for Slow Money Event
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com

     "I have attended a lot of events.
Slow Money's was truly one of the best ever."
-Mark Dowie, Award-winning author
and Slow Money Institute attendee (December 2008)
   slow money
INAUGURAL NATIONAL GATHERING
     FROM THE GROUND UP*
SEPTEMBER 9-11, 2009
SANTA FE FARMERS' MARKET

Our National Gathering will bring the content and excitement of our events
to a new level. We look forward to seeing many new faces. Music, film, slow
food, and the kind of conversation no food-ish-iary (repair to your
dictionary) should ever do without.

REGISTER NOW!
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102661673042&s=25463&e=0016yEosM5Ts9PxbjExezyVjZlFevTzhb5Z9MlIjbGZy_c-LyZZJ5TU1rFBw7tySxEQ0WIGUO5Me-f-ivCWqu1RD_-k-eJc0PwkcMKivaUigFjt8jmVxgue3CyhmS0Q7FKOI2Di1IAlVZBQ3Djh2W6Wh723WzFvkI9u>
*

Slow Money. It's a new economic vision. It's an emerging network of
investors, donors, entrepreneurs, farmers, and activists committed to
building local food systems and local economies. It's about the soil of the
economy. It's the beginning of the "nurture capital" industry.

Come to Santa Fe. Meet thought leaders and change agents from around the
country. Let's build new capital markets that support preservation and
restoration. Let's fix America's economy... from the ground up.
    Speakers

William Brinton, founder, Woods End Research Lab
Paolo di Croce, executive director, Slow Food International
Anthony Flaccavento, executive director, Appalachian Sustainable Development
Joan Gussow, author, This Organic Life
Peter Kinder, president, KLD Research and Analytics
Fred Kirschenmann, director, Leopold Center
Kristin Martinez, entrepreneur in residence, New Mexico Community Capital
Kathleen Merrigan, deputy secretary, USDA (invited)
David Orr, professor, Oberlin College
Simran Sethi, associate professor of journalism, University of Kansas
George Siemon, ceo, Organic Valley
Greg Steltenpohl, founder, Odwalla
Woody Tasch, chairman and president, Slow Money
Judy Wicks, founder, White Dog Cafe

Event Highlights Include:

Music by Eliza Gilkyson and Robert Mirabal
Screening of "Food Fight" and "Dirt The Movie"
A Friday night farm table feast

View<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102661673042&s=25463&e=0016yEosM5Ts9OMTI9XuhYKf_kPxqAIS8AGPR4FBdUmqCKWGeZT2khh9j3hXSk87Zl_ut-o7wI9zmwAVq_aemo4YQAe7vQBgDtGRVYuuWTsKchW5W4V02l9m18m8a_Du0G47NBeqGqV5tZ7P3vsrUSX5YNN-S_QV1qs0PXg21UJTCDZyPecxsJDJKv0huMVIK8-wqccx9dGaNCBX1ijuxsz0ojUbuIGOCFYdqasNHEAphw8NIp1ts9aKpgazxepCWNr>Preliminary
Program

  Presenting Entrepreneurs: Butterworks Farm, Local Burger, Straus Family
Creamery, SPUD!, Terrain, Davenport Producers, La Montanita Co-op,  Milk
Thistle Farm, New Soil Security, People's Grocery, Peak Spirits, Vermont
Smoke and Cure, FoodHub, Indigenous Designs, The Carrot Project, Mary's Gone
Crackers, Nest Collective, Sky Vegetables, National Cooperative Grocers
Association, Let's Be Frank, Lotus Foods, and others to be announced.

 Sponsors: Organic Valley, RSF Social Finance, Solidago Foundation,
McCune Charitable Foundation, Chelsea Green Publishing

Partnering Organizations: Green Money Journal, Edible Santa Fe, La Montanita
Co-op, Bioneers, Santa Fe Alliance, 1% for the Planet, Blue Moon Fund,  Slow
Food,
Edible Communities Publications, BALLE, Ethical Markets Media,
Capulin Cooperative Alliance, Haymarket Peoples Fund,
The Organic Center, Crop to Cuisine, Grace Communications, Haberman,
Transition US, SustainLane Media

"Slow Money gets right to the heart of everything that's ailing our economy
and corroding our culture. . . It offers a formula for a new kind of
capitalism in which farmers' markets and stock markets both flourish.''
-Kerry Trueman, Huffington Post
email<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1102573047966&ea=michelsub2004%40gmail.com&a=1102661673042>
This
email was sent to michelsub2004 at gmail.com by michael at slowmoneyalliance.org.
Update Profile/Email
Address<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001jarSHX2McaQrGuZsbIzmUmdzNbiF53ywN2E-x_UqMwzAPOhxZYDVPalAqJgxYi7Q&p=oo>|
Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001jarSHX2McaQrGuZsbIzmUmdzNbiF53ywN2E-x_UqMwzAPOhxZYDVPalAqJgxYi7Q&p=un>™
| Privacy Policy <http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp>.
 Email Marketing<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_BusLet_003>by
<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_BusLet_003>  Slow Money |
320 Washington St. 4th floor | Brookline | MA | 02445

--
Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: