[p2p-research] funding for open education project within p2p foundation network? request for proposals

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 13:25:29 CEST 2009

Do check out Ryan's link, http://blogs.talis.com/education/incubator/

Any chance someone would ask funds for

1) updating http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Education

2) creating a learning resource for open design and manufacturing ...

with our network, we could find quite a few people 'sponsoring' such a
proposal ...

Michel

Talis understands the growing importance of the Open
Education<http://www.talis.com/education/incubator/about-open-education/>movement
and its potential impact on how education is accessed, assessed and
certified.

Aimed at individuals or small groups, the Talis Incubator for Open Education
provides angel funding and other forms of assistance for ideas and projects
that have the potential to further the cause of Open Education through the
use of technology. All we ask in return is that you donate or ‘open source’
the intellectual property generated back to the communities that could
benefit most from your work.
The brief

   1. Write a proposal outlining your Open Education related project or
   idea, making a bid for funding of between £1,000 and £15,000.
   2. After reviewing and making sure your proposal meets the
guidelines<http://blogs.talis.com/education/incubator/guidelines>,
   submit it to incubator at talis.com.
   3. A proposal review
board<http://www.talis.com/education/incubator/review-board/>made up
of independent thought leaders and Talis representatives decide
   which projects get funding.
   4. For successful bids, Talis awards you the funds and organises any
   other help you have asked for.
   5. Complete the project according to the schedule outlined in your
   proposal.
   6. Talis helps you to make sure your work is disseminated amongst the
   community.

Who else is involved?

[image: Association of Learning Technology]

Talis is a sponsoring member of the Association for Learning
Technology<http://alt.ac.uk/>(ALT), and will be officially launching
the scheme at the association’s
annual conference, ALT-C 2009 <http://www.alt.ac.uk/altc2009/>, taking place
in Manchester (UK), between 8-10 September. We will be running a
consultation session on the first day, from 3:45pm-4:30pm, where we will be
outlining the details of the scheme and seeking feedback on it from the
community.

--
Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: