[p2p-research] Fwd: 20 Theses against green capitalism

Tomas Rawlings tom at fluffylogic.net
Fri Aug 7 13:29:13 CEST 2009

I could not agree more.

Some aspects of the current system (e.g. carbon trading) seek to simply
turn the problem into another market and I can't see that working,
however other aspects of the current system are evolving technologies,
ideas, practices that will give us routes out of this mess - assuming we
are smart enough to apply them.

My other worry with the idea of a grand ideological narrative that
'fixes' the problem is that espoused by philosopher John Gray who argued
that all such grand '-isms' from communism to neo-conservatism are paved
with roads of dead on the way to their utopian vision.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_N._Gray

Thanks.

--
Tomas

Tomas Rawlings
Development Director, FluffyLogic Development Ltd.
web: www.fluffylogic.net
tel: 0117 9442233
-
Also see: