[p2p-research] The meltdown and its timing

Paul D. Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Wed Aug 5 19:09:30 CEST 2009

Michel Bauwens wrote:
> But what if we could calculate this period more precisely?

Things are the same -- until they are different. :-)

It isn't so much that a debt bubble has burst, as the concept of a debt
bubble has burst. :-) People are getting wise to the whole "money as debt"
scam through the internet.
   http://www.moneyasdebt.net/

So, we may see other changes. We are in a new period.

But yes, IMHO mainstream economics may see a decade of, at best, a jobless
recovery. So people will increasingly be turning to alternatives (including
p2p ones). And they may demand more and more structural changes.

I personally feel the jobs issue is more important than the debt issue.

Still, everything is related, since you can only create jobs in a fiat
currency system by creating money-as-debt unless you print money, which is
forbidden in favor of borrowing from the Federal Reserve which is really
just a private bank with special aspects. See also:
   "End the Fed? A not-so-crazy idea."
   http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0803/p09s01-coop.html

A related issue:
http://groups.google.com/group/openvirgle/browse_thread/thread/7e07beba08619e48/e4638f0fdd9f7ef1?hl=en&q=fernhout+banks#e4638f0fdd9f7ef1
"""
Banks' Observation on Money: "Money is a sign of poverty."

Fernhout's Corollary to Banks' Observation on Money: "The degree to which
money needs to be handled in a society is inversely proportional to the
abundance of imagination, skill, freedom, effort, and community present."

And mathematically:
    M = 1 / I * S * F * E * C
"""

--Paul Fernhout