[p2p-research] tale of a stolen computer

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:38:42 CEST 2009

actually I had not realised it would cost 10 pc. is that on top of
paypal/credit card fees?
you are right, its unnecessary cause no real value is added other thank
tracking the fund
just start a page, any page on any wiki, saying what you ahve contributed so
that we can keep
track of the progress of the contributions

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Christian Siefkes
<christian at siefkes.net>wrote:

> marc fawzi wrote:
> > We've made the decision to try this route and we'll bite the cost this
> > time, but you're very encouraged to PayPal Michel directly if you can't
> > justify the Fundable model.
>
> Michel, if you give me your Paypad details I'll donate a (small -- don't
> have a regular income at the moment) amount directly.
>
> Hervé Le Crosnier wrote:
> >       Though I totally agree with Christian, i have
> >       contribute on fundable, because I think nothing
> >       will be up in a few days....
>
> Everybody who has a Paypal account or credit card can pay through Fundable,
> and everybody who has a credit card can pay through Paypal, so I don't see
> what is the advantage of Fundable in this case.
>
> If some people prefer Fundable over Paypal for whatever reasons, we could
> first make a public call for Paypal donations and then start a new Fundable
> collection for the rest. If we get 120$ through Paypal and 120$ through
> Fundable, we have already reduced the fee by half.
>
> As I understand it, Fundable collections that don't close successfully
> don't
> cost anything, so we could just tear down the current one and open up a
> new,
> smaller one, without any problems.
>
> Best regards
>        Christian
>
> --
> |-------- Dr. Christian Siefkes --------- christian at siefkes.net ---------
> |   Homepage: http://www.siefkes.net/   |   Blog: http://www.keimform.de/
> |   Better Bayesian Analysis:           |   Peer Production Everywhere:
> |   http://bart-project.com/            |   http://peerconomy.org/wiki/
> A process which led from amoeba to man appeared to philosophers to be
> obviously a progress, though whether the amoeba would agree with this
> opinion is not known.
>        -- Bertrand Russell, 1914

Paola Di Maio,