[p2p-research] tale of a stolen computer

Christian Siefkes christian at siefkes.net
Thu Apr 30 13:30:42 CEST 2009

marc fawzi wrote:
> We've made the decision to try this route and we'll bite the cost this
> time, but you're very encouraged to PayPal Michel directly if you can't
> justify the Fundable model.

Michel, if you give me your Paypad details I'll donate a (small -- don't
have a regular income at the moment) amount directly.

Hervé Le Crosnier wrote:
> 	Though I totally agree with Christian, i have
> 	contribute on fundable, because I think nothing
> 	will be up in a few days....

Everybody who has a Paypal account or credit card can pay through Fundable,
and everybody who has a credit card can pay through Paypal, so I don't see
what is the advantage of Fundable in this case.

If some people prefer Fundable over Paypal for whatever reasons, we could
first make a public call for Paypal donations and then start a new Fundable
collection for the rest. If we get 120$ through Paypal and 120$ through
Fundable, we have already reduced the fee by half.

As I understand it, Fundable collections that don't close successfully don't
cost anything, so we could just tear down the current one and open up a new,
smaller one, without any problems.

Best regards
	Christian

--
|-------- Dr. Christian Siefkes --------- christian at siefkes.net ---------
|   Homepage: http://www.siefkes.net/   |   Blog: http://www.keimform.de/
|   Better Bayesian Analysis:           |   Peer Production Everywhere:
|   http://bart-project.com/            |   http://peerconomy.org/wiki/
A process which led from amoeba to man appeared to philosophers to be
obviously a progress, though whether the amoeba would agree with this
opinion is not known.
        -- Bertrand Russell, 1914