[p2p-research] how much p2p in the pirate bay and filesharing community

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 12:06:39 CEST 2009

Susan Cook Greuter has interesting research about value constellations in
groups of people,

if we take the full gamut of the p2p ethos, it's about 2% of the world
population, but it inspires another 25% as an ideal

the rest uses the infrastructure but can nevertheless be upgraded by the
values embedded in that infrastructure

see: http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/types-of-connectivity/2006/06/28

>From Chris Lucas, who uses complexity sciences and the spiral dynamics
system to distinguish nine different types of connectivity; it all seems
very logical and plausible though I have the gravest reservations about
coral which seems like a deus-ex-machina solution

my stats are based on loosely interpreting this:

http://www.slideshare.net/evansridge/integral-institute-community-presentation,
slide 17

communautarian green individualist from 11 to 26 percent; systemic
autonomous 4.9; holistic-construct aware 2% ... of US population, much lower
on world scale

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com