[p2p-research] Fwd: THIRD WORLD UNIVERSITIES FORUM

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 16:48:38 CEST 2009

HI Pamela

thanks for your interest

It's very complicated, coming from a multidisciplinary background, and with
years of work experience in different fields, (and never made money really)
I consider myself as always learning most things , and occasionally teaching
something along the way.

When I taught software engineering, my students could teach me PHP
programmeing, for any thing that I can teach, there are ten things that I
can learn from others,

however many institutions are still set up to prevent knowledge sharing ,
with their silly and redundant organisationa, bureaucratic and social
structures, they are just  pretending  nobody asks the right questions, and
nobody answers them

 I work as a lecturer and researcher, and now doing a phd (I enrolled a
couple of months ago, back to being a student and have mixed feelings about
it)  . My field is 'systems engineering' and one reason I love that, is that
it encompasses everything. ahah, blows my mind too, yes, systems, and
systems of systems..... haha ... everything

There is a lot that I would like to share about the topics of discussion,
maybe one day we should have a multiconference and
speak on video to one another. sorry If I am not participating more actively
in discussion, topics are improtant and v interesting

I see HE should be more seen as CE (continuing Education) better still
continuing learning,  I regard learning as
a) knowledge transfer, which needs processes to be enabled and supported,
that is the role of unis in the future I think, as well as b) personal and
social experiences that expand one mind and consciouness

where do I fit? you tell me......
lets talk more soon

PDM

>>> http://UniversitiesForum.com <
> [...]
>>> universities.
>>>
>>> Keynote speakers include:
>>> * Professor Eva Egron-Polak (International Association of Universities,
>>> France)
>>> * Professor Jonathan Jansen (Rector, University of the Free State, South
>>> Africa)
>>> * Professor Simon Marginson (University of Melbourne, Australia)
>>> * Professor Nigel Thrift (Vice Chancellor, University of Warwick, UK)
>>> * Professor Pandhyala B.G. Tilak (National University of Educational
>>> Planning & Administration, India)
>>>
>>> In addition, the Forum will also include numerous paper, workshop and
>>> colloquium presentations. We would particularly like to invite you to
>>> respond to the Forum Call-for-Papers. Presenters may choose to submit
>>> written papers for publication in the refereed Journal of the World
>>> Universities Forum. If you are unable to attend the Forum in person, virtual
>>> registrations are also available which allow you to submit a paper for
>>> review and possible publication in the Journal, and provide access to the
>>> online edition of the Journal.
>>>
>>> Whether you are a virtual or in-person presenter at this Conference, we
>>> also encourage you to present on the Conference YouTube Channel. Please
>>> select the Online Sessions link on the Conference website for further
>>> details.
>>>
>>> The deadline for the next round in the call for papers (a title and short
>>> abstract) is 14 May 2009.  Future deadlines will be announced on the Forum
>>> website after this date.  Proposals are reviewed within two weeks of
>>> submission. Full details of the Forum, including an online proposal
>>> submission form, may be found at the Forum website -
>>> http://UniversitiesForum.com <
>>> https://outlook.ntu.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://UniversitiesForum.com>
>>> .
>>>
>>> We look forward to receiving your proposal and hope you will be able to
>>> join us in Davos in January 2010.
>>>
>>> Yours Sincerely,
>>>
>>> Professor Fazal Rizvi
>>> Department of Educational Policy Studies University of Illinois Urbana,
>>> Illinois, USA
>>> For the International Advisory Board of the World Universities Forum and
>>> the Journal of the World Universities Forum
>>>

>>> This email is intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain private
>>> and confidential information.  If you are not the intended addressee, please
>>> take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone.  In this case, please
>>> this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent
>>> University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the
>>> University.
>>> Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and
>>> any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should
>>> check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free.  This is
>>> in keeping with good computing practice.

Paola Di Maio,