[p2p-research] On unschooling

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 16:02:36 CEST 2009

Hi Ryan,

I think we all agree on the transformative potential of P2P, not just in the
future, but already happening,

it's more a question of sensing the pace of change ...; my sense is that,
though things will be faster, the previous major changes such as Renaissance
and Reformation show that cultural mentalities and old institutions take
long lead times to adapt, or disappear (though sometimes, like the entral
eastern european empires after WW\\, they did indeed disappear quickly,

you know my high road scenario, which posits the possibility of one more
upswing under the aegis of green capitalism, giving time for p2p to mature
to parity level before a great transformation in 25-40 years time

increasingly though, it seems there is a telescoping of the normal
kondratieff cycles with the end game scenarios, given rise to more
probability for low road scenario's, i.e. resilient communities and faster
collapse of mainstream institutions

I fear Obama's bail out may have wasted the historical opportunity for green
capitalism transformation; the low road may be inevitable, but is not
something to wish for, as it will be much harder on all of us,

In any case, as a follower of integral/integrative philsophies, I see it as
our task to work at all levels at the same time, on the local level, but
without disgarding political organizing and policy orientations to influence
the whole of society, it's not either or,

we have to be prepared for any scenario that may occur,

Michel

>>> http://socialmediaclassroom.com
>>> http://localfoodsystems.org
>>> http://openfarmtech.org