[p2p-research] Fwd: THIRD WORLD UNIVERSITIES FORUM

Pamela McLean pam54321 at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:29:40 CEST 2009

Thanks for your response Paola

I do find some of the people are open, but the system does not help
regarding interaction and collaboration (No time to explain that or put it
in context at present).

I wonder "where you fit" regarding HE, teaching learning etc. I am
interested in your observations and would understand them better with more
context.

Pam

2009/4/28 <paola.dimaio at gmail.com>

> Pamela
>
> Most of the things your write below are exactly what I wanted to say but
> did not have time to articulate, in relation to the role of unis and
> lecturers etc

> quick comments
> 1.hopefully they have open boundaries, meaning that we do not have to 'go'
> to interact with them
>

> 2. learning pertains to life, and the fact that you are not an academic
> does not mean that you dont know someting about academica, academics tend to
> be ver narrow minded cause they know extremely well their domain, and are
> totally ignorant of many other things
>
> 3.i do believe in self directedness, but I would continue to emphasise the
> need for becoming acquainted with the body of literature. I mean, i would
> expect anone who is learning a topic to familiarise themselves with
> everything that there is to know about it, including the standard
> sillabus.

however what I see is that today professors and all tell their students what