[p2p-research] The Change Economy

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 04:11:48 CEST 2009

Marc,

There are actually some rather old models on this.

If you start with Stuart Kauffman
http://www.citeulike.org/user/VRadenovic/article/158503 At Home in the
Universe, you'll get some background on the network and system dynamics
related to this type of change. On a systems scale, the lower cost of
creating and using "open source" coupled with the fact that these projects
are often coupled to networks, tends to increase wealth generation, and the
divergent filling of niches possible with cores that are optimized for
flexible customization and re-use, tends to open up more niches to be
filled.

I don't know about the numbers in dollars. We (our network) could fill a
role in taking the lead on research like this. There may be some useful info
at http://www.longtail.com/the_long_tail/

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:37 PM, marc fawzi <marc.fawzi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone out there has a good view of all the economic
> activity that is related to "change"
>
> For example, the number of companies that are open sourcing their
> proprietary software or processes, and what that is creating in terms of
> economic activity.
>
> Another example, the number of universities that are open sourcing their
> courses (like MIT, Stanford) and those implementing 'holistic education',
> what that is creating in terms of economic activity.
>
> I wonder if someone has the time to give us a good description of the
> change economy and it's size (e.g. total spending on change in dollars.)
>

> --
>
> Marc Fawzi
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Marc-Fawzi/605919256
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcfawzi

Sam Rose
Social Synergy
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
AIM: Str9960
Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/samrose
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com
http://socialsynergyweb.org/network
http://socialmediaclassroom.com
http://localfoodsystems.org
http://openfarmtech.org
http://notanemployee.net
http://communitywiki.org

"Long ago, we brought you all this fire.
Do not imagine we are still chained to that rock...."

http://notanemployee.net/