[p2p-research] writing about the special issue on peer production in C&C

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 09:27:35 CEST 2009

In Manchester, some volunteered to indeed discuss each other's p2p essay
contributions to the capital and class issue, to my knowlegde the first
dedicated special issue,

Can I expect some of your contributions in the coming days?

Phoebe, Athina? I remember you would discuss each other's essay wasn't it?

Michel

On 4/25/09, phoebe moore <pvm.doc at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Do these guys REALLY want to hear what we have to say???**
> *
>

> *“Have your say about how we can build cohesive communities during a
> recession in modern day Britain. *
>
> * *
>
> *From 23rd April until 6th May 2009, the HCA Academy is hosting the second
> in the series of online debates. To join the debate click here<https://staffwebmail.salford.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://showcase.hcaacademy.co.uk/debate/in-the-midst-of-a-recession-how-can-we-develop-cohesive-communities.html%23debate>
> *
>
> * *
>
> *At Debate Place you can view a series of films from the Institute for
> Community Cohesion, the charitable sector, United Faiths, the Peace Studies
> Department at Bradford University and Queens University Belfast. These films
> consider:*
>
> * *
>
>    - *The definition of cohesion *
>    - *The impact of the recession *
>    - *The importance of being proactive *
>    - *Potential solutions for the future** ***
>
> * *
>
> *You can also download reports and other resources including: *
>
> * *
>
>    - *Promoting Sustainable Communities and Community Cohesion** – a
>    report that explores how the sustainable communities and community cohesion
>    agendas may be promoted, developed and embedded within and across different
>    professional disciplines and sectors. *
>
> * *
>
>    - *Cohesion for Sustainable Communities** – a study that defines what
>    community cohesion should mean to sustainable communities practitioners.  It
>    explores the gaps in current training in and around this issue, identifies
>    the skills that those practitioners need to facilitate greater cohesion in
>    their localities and a learning module helps them understand the
>    contribution they can make. *
>
> * *
>
>    - *The Mixenden Community Link** – a case study that brings together
>    asylum seekers, economic migrants and local residents of a large former
>    council estate on the outskirts of Halifax to create an increased sense of
>    social cohesion and community spirit. *
>
> * *
>
>    - *Blackburn Regeneration Consultation** – is an example of best
>    practice that helped embed the idea of community cohesion into all areas of
>    a regeneration programme, from public engagement and procurement to skills
>    development.** ***
>
> * *
>
> *To participate in the debate log on to
> http://showcase.hcaacademy.co.uk/debate/in-the-midst-of-a-recession-how-can-we-develop-cohesive-communities.html#debate<https://staffwebmail.salford.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://showcase.hcaacademy.co.uk/debate/in-the-midst-of-a-recession-how-can-we-develop-cohesive-communities.html%23debate>
> *

> [...]

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com