[p2p-research] P2P + The System = Change

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 13:03:01 CEST 2009

Marc,

I'm for a very pragmatic approach in this,

for 200 years, people have fought and vituperated against capitalism, it
still stands,

I say, we use 'it', just as it uses 'us', we do what we have to do to
advance our goals and values,with whatever is available to us, in the
smartest possible way, and with the most allies that we can muster ...

but we advance on all fronts at the same time,

Michel

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 2:40 AM, marc fawzi <marc.fawzi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Given my/our _adversarial_ relationship with the existing system I have
> concluded that either I/we start take advantage of the system or the system
> will continue to take advantage of me/us.
>
> In contributing to the emergence of the kind of society<http://evolvingtrends.wordpress.com/about/>I/we
> <http://evolvingtrends.wordpress.com/about/>want, I/we need to take
> advantage of the system, not ignore it or worse circumvent it but take full
> advantage of it.
>
> This is in follow up to the dialog between Ryan and Michel on idealism (for
> its 'perceived' moral and social value) vs pragmatism (for the sake of
> enabling change)
>
> My 44 cents.
>
> --
>
> Marc Fawzi