[p2p-research] The Internet Is Absolute Democracy - Be VeryAfraid!

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Apr 23 11:27:35 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 16:14:14 PM +0700, Michel Bauwens wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> I did read the article, and it could of course be the journalist, but it comes
> across as quite stupid in my own view,
>
> a kind of "wouldn't it be nice to have the gatekeepers back in charge'

??

maybe this is what _Thompson_ thinks (or that's how it looks from his
quotes, at least) but not at all what the journalist, starting from
Thompson as a pretext, concludes:

   The answer lies with us, dear reader.. It's about critical
   thinking, the ability to hear, see or read a story and ask - what's
   the context, who's saying what, is the source reliable, what might
   be missing?  What's the real who, what, how, when and why of the
   thing.

   ..an informed public making knowledgeable choices no matter how
   unfiltered the flow of limitless information. It certainly helps
   next time you hear Obama is a Muslim, you get AIDS from shaking
   hands, or someone has weapons of mass destruction.

how is this equal to "wouldn't it be nice to have the gatekeepers back
in charge"?

Marco
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84