[p2p-research] P2P Medicine -- Making Your Smart Phone into an Ultrasound Device

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 03:55:18 CEST 2009

It's inevitable.  Skills are rare and demand is increasing.  That's the
perfect set up for robotics.  Bots can easily do eye surgery now, or fly a
plane.  Lots of tools are in place for remote surgery.  No need for docs in
the room now for most radiological practices.

The new Volvos for 2010 stop themselves automatically if you are about to
collide with something.  It's a matter of time to get people use to allow
machine control.

What humans do well is deal with other humans.  Machines have always taken
away our skills, and will continue to do so.  I feel for the mathematicians
who think it is elegant or beautiful for them to design proofs.  That's as
delusional as the guys who thought they could carve wood or stone better
than a machine.

Bots will be peers in most p2p scenarios prior to 2020.  I'd bet on it.
That will include dentistry work, phlebotomy, administering chemotherapy,
etc.  Wolfram's new project will have bots answering complex questions...can
medical work be far behind?  70% of the earth doesn't have access to an
x-ray.  The issue isn't machines or capital, it's skills.

Do we really need people driving all over, flying all over, to do
transactions?

Ryan Lanham