[p2p-research] Ponoko's Blog: Democratization Ruins Design?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 03:55:02 CEST 2009

I think there is a balance to be found between individual and collective
creativity, but collective creativity can indeed go wrong, but most of the
time, it's because of hidden toxic structures, and sometimes perhaps, poor
facilitation. There's a lot fake participation and democracy, where people
do not represent themselves but others, play all kind of games, and
therefore the process is very flawed. On the other hand, passivity is bred
culturally, and awakening is not a foregone conclusion. The key is freedom
to use appropriate structures for particular situations.

Michel

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Ryan Lanham <rlanham1963 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Marc Newson: People don't know what they want...
>

> http://blog.ponoko.com/2009/04/22/jonathan-ive-on-3d-printing-marc-newson-on-democratisation-of-design/
>
> In other words, we don't need no stinkin' p2p because we got pro's and
> experts.
>
> Ryan Lanham

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com