[p2p-research] Marginalism - the religion

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Tue Apr 21 19:34:56 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 11:16:10 AM -0600, Patrick Anderson wrote:

> > of info goods is only a copy of bytes, 0 marginal cost
>
> We cannot ignore the ecologic Costs of even 1 bit!
> This view of reality is so perplexing to me.

Patrick,

Well said. At a first glance, I agree with practically everything you
answered, but where is the message you answered to? Any link?

Oh, and here's are a few more of links about the "marginal" costs of
copying or storing bits:

www.infoworld.com/d/green-it/report-us-companies-waste-28b-year-powering-unused-pcs-758

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/01/data-centers-are-becoming-big-polluters-study-finds/?ref=technology

(much more general) http://digifreedom.net/node/81